2019 WORLD SERIES OF GLASS INFORMATION
WORLD SERIES OF GLASS COMPETITION
The World Series of Glass recognizes the best in Boro glass pieces of the year. All works must be submitted on the first day of the show. Artists may enter finished glass works into the following categories:
• There is a $25 per piece entry fee, please bring in cash or card
• Entries must be brought to the Westgate on Monday, February 11 between 12 Noon and 6 pm to be installed in the showcases
• First come, first displayed until the cases are full
• All artists must be present at the show, only pieces entered by the artists will be accepted
• Artists do not have to be exhibitors to enter the competition, but must register at the show as Artists to obtain an entry badge
• Collaboration can be done in every category except the solo category.
• Winners will be announced on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 @ 6PM
• Entries must stay in the WSOG display area until the awards on Wednesday 2/13 @ 6:30 pm
• All entries must be picked up after 6:30PM but before 8PM on Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Best functional glass piece made entirely by a single artist. Piece will be judged on the following criteria; Form, Function, Originality, Quality and Overall presentation. Top 3 will be awarded.
Best functional glass piece made by 1 or more artists. The Collab piece must be present in the World Series of Glass viewing area to be considered. Piece will be judged on the following criteria; Form, Function, Originality, Quality and Overall presentation. Top 3 will be awarded.
We award the top 3 milli pulls of the year. Artists can enter cane, coin or both. Can be a single artist or a collab pull. Will be judged on on the following criteria; cleanliness, size, subject matter, and overall image.
Best Shot Glass
We award the top 3 shot glasses of the year. Artists may enter a single shot glass or set. Can be a single artist or a collab. Shot Glasses will be judged on on the following criteria; Form, Function, Originality, Quality and Overall presentation.